PDCA as DDDD

As the keyboard of my laptop is not fully working, I'm writing this entry in English.

Today I'd like to propose that we should call PDCA as DDDD. As you know, PDCA is a framework for business or research, which maintains Planning, Doing, Checking and Acting are the main components of a given project. It provides distinctions between acitivities or tasks of a given project and makes it clear where we are in the whole process, and what we should do next. Although I don't doubt about these effects of PDCA, I sometimes feel the concept of PDCA is confusing. This is because we cannot clearly distinguish between D (Doing) and other three components (Planning, Checking and Acting). Precisely, P, C, or A is also a kind of D, given that planning, checking or acting is also the activity which is done by our hands; for example, we don't plan the project only within our brains, but with paper and pencils. Thus it seems appropriate to understand that P, D, C and A are not qualitatively different but they are all a variant of D. My conclusion is we should call PDCA as DDDD.